She might even want to group items for living room, hallway, etc. especially if many of the components are the same.
If you want a deposit report, go to Reports > Banking > Deposit Detail.
How to Remove the Running Balance and Add the Individual Transaction Balance from Reports in QuickBooks
Remote stores can reverse receipts only until they are sent to Headquarters in a Store Exchange. If an error is discovered after a receipt has been sent to Headquarters, there are two ways to fix the error:
• Reverse the receipt at Headquarters. Inventory at the remote will be corrected after the next Store Exchange, but the remote sales history will not be updated.
• Use a return, copy, and correct procedure at the remote store. This procedure will create a return receipt to cancel out the original sales receipt’s effect on inventory, and then create a new corrected sales receipt to update both inventory and your sales history with the correct information.
To return, copy, and correct a receipt:
1. Locate the original receipt in your Sales History.
2. Select Copy Receipt.
3. Select Change to Return from the I Want To menu to make the copy a return receipt. Leave all items, quantities, prices, etc., the same as the original. Save this new return receipt.
4. Locate and copy the original receipt a second time. Make corrections on this copy to reflect the actual items, quantities, and prices of the sold merchandise and save.
If your client is willing to consider switching, my Intuit rep will try to match their current fees and they’ll also get a $200 gift card after they are approved. Give me a call for more info.
To see what balances are going to change if you delete a transaction, select the Journal button (if you are using QuickBooks Premier or QuickBooks Enterprise) or select Ctrl+Y (if you are using QuickBooks Pro).
client a- $250
client b- $250
client c- $250
client d- negative $250
So, the sales receipts (for client a-c) equal $750, but the actual cash deposited is only $500. How do I enter this? The clients are not invoiced, so I can not enter a credit.
This won’t work if you entered separate sales receipts for each client because sales receipts can’t have a negative balance. In this case, you’d select client a-c’s payments from undeposited funds and then add an additional line on the deposit for client d with negative $250.
In both cases, the deposit will be reduced to $500, but if the goal is to get the sales receipt to match the deposit, the first option is your best bet.